Thursday, March 23, 2017

Under the Sea

I'm obsessed with water secene lately. In this card, I wanted to create a dimensional background that shows the depth of the ocean. At the same time, I also wanted to create a shaker card. So I decided to combine them. However, the card got too thick after turning into shaker card, I felt it would be weird to make each layer thicker.
 
For the background, I first die cuts 3 cardstocks with different oval sizes. I stacked all four cardstocks (including the bottom most layer) together, and ink blended them with distress inks so that the color transition in all cardstocks are consistent. I spritzed some water at the end and wiped them out to create water effect.

 
 

I'm submitting this card to the following challenges.

Supplies used in this card:
  • MFT Soak up the fun stamp set (MFT)
  • MFT Inside and out stitched oval die-namics (MFT)

5 comments:

  1. Such a fun and colourful shaker card katrina.I love the scene you have made with the images and the seed beads look like tiny bubbles. Very effective.
    Thank you for entering our challenge at Penny Black and More this month.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun shaker card! Love those sweet divers and your wonderful ocean scene! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! Hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real fun image and super design to your card, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever card. The layered circle negative panels gives the feel of depth of the ocean scene. I love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely fun card, the background looks fab.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Anything Goes' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete